Hemp Shoes?

  • Quokkaqueen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2010
      Hi All,

      I found this PDF about the history of hemp as a fibre, and am intrigued by page four, where it says "Some other uses for Hemp includes in the early 8th Century Shoes are constructed."

      From: http://www.midrealm.org/starleafgate/Documents/Hemp_Fibre.pdf

      Would anyone know what shoes are being referred to? I can't see an obvious source for this in his bibliography, so I'm hoping someone here might know.

      Any comments would be appreciated,
      ~Asfridhr