Looking for a way to organize scans

  • leverocka
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
      MODERATOR NOTE: Welcome to the list! Please be sure to sign your posts so we know who you are!
      Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

      Hi... a new lurker here.
      This is kinda related to SCA, so I hope that no one minds me asking
      this here.

      I have numerous magazine pages and book page scans as well as jpeg/pictures saved from searching. I am looking for some type of system software to use that will allow me to search (by a tag or letter recognition) and to group images (pages) by theme etc.

      A file cabinet will not work as many magazine pages (or other paper bound sources) have info or pictures on the reverse that I want to keep but do not go with whats on the other side (theme, source material, era, etc).

      Does anyone know of anything that I can use for such a "database"? I have written databases with Microsoft Office but I would like a ready-to-use product.
    • EaldredSCA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
        This was in an earlier post. You can try it free for 30 days.

        Ealdred

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2010
          Sorry, but I couldn't think of a better place to get a good translation! I'm looking for the Latin version of: "How hard can it be?"

          -E House
        • jeffthegeek1974
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 18, 2010
            I am no expert by any means, however best I can do is:

            quam difficilis est is ut curo

            which really means How diffiicult is it to manage and not how hard can it be, but I can't find a translation for how hard can it be.