Re: [Authentic_SCA] Tudor trouble

  • Brad Moore
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
      Greetings unto Sugihara no Naome,

      You might look at some pictures of Tudor and/or French gowns with guards or welts.  These were bands of wool, velvet, or brocade applied around the hem, or a few inches above it in an alternative color.  Guards were used on both men and women's clothing, and while they were normally applied over the top of the fabric, conceivably, you could use a band of fabric of another color to mimic the appearance of a guard to get the length that you need.

      Part way down the page, you'll see photos of a skirt with guards applied, they can be wide or narrow, and can have more than one.  Hope this helps.
      http://www.festiveattyre.com/research/diary/diary4.html

      Je Reste,

      En Service au Reve,

      Nicolas L'Anguille
       Brad Moore

      "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
      - J.R.R. Tolkien

    • sugihara_naome
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
        Hurley-dono, thank you for your help in clarifying my question!

        Nicolas-dono, that solves it! Domo arigato gozaimasu!

        Sugihara no Naome
      • Brad Moore
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2010
          Dou itashimashite, Sugihara-san.