Re: Question about documentation source...

  • desamona13
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
      Thank you. I had searched google images for "Matilda of England", but not "Queen". I'll try a few more search strings next time.

      Thanks again!
      Des

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

      > On Jan 2, 2010, at 9:27 PM, desamona13 wrote:
      > > Yes, Yes!
      > >
      > > This is fantastic. Until someone corrects me with differing proof,
      > > I will use this link and this source.
      > >
      > > Thanks again! You've saved my documentable bacon!
      >
      > You're most welcome. And for your future reference, all I did to find
      > it was Google picture search for "Queen Matilda of England" and wander
      > through the images that matched that one until I found one with a book
      > reference. It took all of 5 minutes. Try it yourself next time you
      > find an unattributed picture like that. You may find the documentation
      > for which you seek!
      > --
      > Auf wiedersehen!
      > Michael
      > "..Um..Something strange happened to me this morning."
      >
      > "Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort
      > of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked
      > women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"
      >
      > "..No."
      >
      > "Why am I the only person that has that dream?"
      >
      > -Real Genius

    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
        Dingdingdingdingding!

        With Michael's attribution, I searched on "Golden Book of St. Albans," and got a hit on Karen Larsdatter's site for a completely different illustration with an attribution that told me the manuscript was in the British Library, so I went to the British Library's website and searched on "Matilda." Here she is.

        http://www.imagesonline.bl.uk/results.asp?image=067630&imagex=2&searchnum=2

        Cheers,
        Jehanne de Wodeford
        West Kingdom