Living History Podcast

  • groomporter
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2009
      I just discovered this new podcast, only a couple of episodes out so far, but aimed more at people interested in historical accuracy and will probably deal with things interacting with the public, and sounds like they want break down some of the attitude barriers between people who do different eras.

      Living History Podcast
      http://livinghistorypodcast.com/

      Chas
      --
      MacGregor Historic Games
      http://historicgames.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2009
        >I just discovered this new podcast, only a couple of episodes out so
        >far, but aimed more at people interested in historical accuracy and
        >will probably deal with things interacting with the public, and
        >sounds like they want break down some of the attitude barriers
        >between people who do different eras.

        I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast since Stephen told me
        about it, but their dedication to real living history is tremendous.
        I actually prefer his Wild Bill impression to his Landsknecht one; he
        *looks* like Bill! Anyone who can make it to Chicago in February for
        ReenactorFest can meet him, the rest of his troupe and thousands of
        other serious living historians (plus Jason Salkey from the Sharpe
        series): www.reemactorfest.com Be certain to stop by the Regia table
        and say hey if you can make it!

        Cheers, Folo
        www.micelfolcland.org
      • groomporter
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2009
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Folo Watkins <folo@...> wrote:
          Anyone who can make it to Chicago in February for
          > ReenactorFest can meet him, the rest of his troupe and thousands of
          > other serious living historians (plus Jason Salkey from the Sharpe
          > series): www.reemactorfest.com Be certain to stop by the Regia table
          > and say hey if you can make it!
          >
          > Cheers, Folo
          > www.micelfolcland.org

          We'll be at Reenactor fest as well with our historic games and I'll be doing a little demonstration of my hand-powered bow lathe. We found the event to be very inclusive with none of the "Oh... you do SCA (or Renfairs)...?" looks from people who do other eras.

          Chas
          --
          MacGregor Historic Games
          http://historicgames.com