Gulf Wars update

  • Zhara
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009
      The Gulf Wars master schedule is currently finalizing and headed towards website publication most rapidly - this does not include classes, but it does include battles. www.gulfwars.org

      If you were waiting until the battle schedule was completed before giving your word on teaching a class or volunteering a shift in any department, now's the time.

      Of particular interest to this group, our Wednesday "Afternoon In An Andalusian Courtyard" is our more historically focused, authenticity-emphasized special event in Al Mahala. Please contact me for details on requirements for entering.

      If you're interested in offering a class or activity in Al Mahala, let me know and we'll work around that battle schedule. There is a January 11 deadline for signing up in Al Mahala. (01-11-10)

      If presenting/teaching is not your scene, let me encourage you to sign up for The Watch, Chirgeons, The Volunteer Job Formerly Known as Water Bearing, NastyCrat, or Parking. You'll meet people, do something new and different, and achieve the satisfaction of having actually been a real part of Gulf Wars, not just a visitor.

      As always, let me know if there are any questions at all - if I don't know the answer, I'll get you someone who does. zhara8@... zhara8 at ya hoo dot com.

      Cheers,
      THL Zhara
      Al Mahala at Gulf Wars

      *note: Gulf Wars is a week-long SCA event on the Mississippi Gulf Coast held in mid-March, usually expecting approx 4000 attendees. Al Mahala, the site for non-European classes and activities, features three classroom tents, an outdoor activity area, and themed camping. It is one of several themed classroom areas at the event. For further information contact either Zhara zhara8@... or Mistress Edwina sue@...