Re: [Authentic_SCA] Fund appeal for the Staffordshire Hoard

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
      By coincidence, just today I received the slim volume I ordered from
      the British Museum, and I am extremely satisfied. Recommended! Slim,
      but quite nice, with color photographs of the hoard but also line
      illustrations and what looks like an excellent text by Kevin Leahy
      and another gentleman who I am unfamiliar with, Roger Bland. The page
      to order from the British Museum is
      http://www.britishmuseumshoponline.org/invt/cmc23288

      They note that a pound from every sale goes to the appeal.

      Cheers, Folo
      www.micelfolcland.org
    • xina007eu
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
        Hi all,

        the British Museum has got some of the items from the hoard on display. They are absolutely amazing. I hope they manage to keep all of the items together in one place. Together they show the variety of styles and techniques of design and decoration in a given area at a given point of time; on their own , the items are still pretty, but having this whole group of items together would be much more valuable.
        Best regards,

        Christina