Fund appeal for the Staffordshire Hoard

  • H D
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
      Dear all,

      As we've all been following the wonderful discovery of the Staffordshire Hoard, and it's now been valued, I thought the link to the appeal to raise the funds to keep it in Staffordshire msueums would be timely. There is a great new website about the whole find here:

      http://www.staffordshirehoard.org.uk

      and the place to donate is here:

      http://www.bmag.org.uk/support-us/staffordshire-hoard-appeal

      cheers,

      Ynes de Toledo
      (Insulae Draconis)

    • Folo Watkins
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
        By coincidence, just today I received the slim volume I ordered from
        the British Museum, and I am extremely satisfied. Recommended! Slim,
        but quite nice, with color photographs of the hoard but also line
        illustrations and what looks like an excellent text by Kevin Leahy
        and another gentleman who I am unfamiliar with, Roger Bland. The page
        to order from the British Museum is
        http://www.britishmuseumshoponline.org/invt/cmc23288

        They note that a pound from every sale goes to the appeal.

        Cheers, Folo
        www.micelfolcland.org
      • xina007eu
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
          Hi all,

          the British Museum has got some of the items from the hoard on display. They are absolutely amazing. I hope they manage to keep all of the items together in one place. Together they show the variety of styles and techniques of design and decoration in a given area at a given point of time; on their own , the items are still pretty, but having this whole group of items together would be much more valuable.
          Best regards,

          Christina