New Book: Across the Religious Divide
- A new book out.~~Samia
Across the Religious Divide: Women, Property, and Law in the Wider Mediterranean (ca. 1300-1800) (Routledge, 2009).
Shona Kelly Wray and Jutta Sperling
1. Regulating Sex: A Brief Survey of Medieval Copto-Arabic Canons.Maryann Shenoda.
2. The Boundaries of Affection: Women and Property in Late Medieval Avignon. Joëlle Rollo-Koster.
3. Women in Court in Early Fourteenth-Century Venice. Linda Guzzetti.
4. Testamentary Bequests of Urban Noblewomen on the Eastern Adriatic Coast in the Fourteenth Century: The Case of Zadar. Branka Gbravac.
5. Women, Testaments, and Notarial Culture in Bologna's Contado (1348). Shona Kelly Wray.
6. Women and Property in Fifteenth-Century Umbria. Karen Frank.
7. The Power to Divide? Germania Marriage Contracts in Early Fifteenth-Century Valencia. Dana Wessell Lightfoot.
8. In the Shadow of the Campo: Sienese Women and Their Families (ca. 1400-1600). Elena Brizio.
9. Women, Marriage, and Family in Istrian Communes in the Fifteenth and Sixteenth Centuries. Marija Mogorovic Crljenko.
10. Marriage, Kinship,and Property in Portuguese Testaments (1649–1650). Jutta Gisela Sperling.
11. Women, Family, and Property in Early Modern Venice. Anna Bellavitis.
12. Jewish Women in Eighteenth-Century Modena: Individual,Household, and Collective Properties. Federica Francesconi.
13. Counting on Kin: Women and Property in Eighteenth-Century Cairo. MaryAnn Fay.
14. From Mahalle (Neighborhood) to the Market and the Courts: Women, Credit, and Property in Eighteenth-Century Istanbul. Fariba Zarinebaf.
15. Kin and Marriage in Two Aegean Islands at the End of the Eighteenth Century. Evdoxios Doxiadis.
16. Women as Outsiders: The Inheritance of Agricultural Land in the Ottoman Empire. Colin Imber.