New to Middle Ages

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009
      Hello all,

      My name is Jim Whitley, I'm from western North Carolina, and for about the past four years I've been reenacting the American Civil War and the Second World War. I guess I'm what you could call a stitch nazi. I'm in the habit of wearing mostly hand-sewn uniforms, boots with hobnailed leather soles, speaking German when portraying a German, living authentically to the period, etc. Generally try to avoid "farb" as much as possible. I'd like to start putting together a mid-11th century Norman impression and was wondering if anyone could provide me with some tips on who makes the best stuff. I'm not afraid to spend money on it. Oh, and if anyone is in the area, please don't hesitate to speak up!

      Thanks,
      Jim