Re: [Authentic_SCA] Silk tunics

  • Ann Franchi
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2009
      MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to the many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we request that you not top-post (stick your response to the top of one or more messages that came before it). Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Timezone Moderator.
      (MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED, EDITED)

      On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

      > Just haven't had much time with my sources. Too busy getting
      > ready for the group's first ever event!

      Congratulations on your group's first ever event!!

      How did it go?

      Anitra
    • Lisa Briner Kilmer
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 13, 2009
        I have found several yards of sueded silk in my stash of pre-garb. Is this finish too modern for our our purposes?

        Merci,
        Ysabel

      • JL Badgley
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
          On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Ann Franchi <AnitraF@...> wrote:

          > On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Just haven't had much time with my sources. Too busy getting
          > > ready for the group's first ever event!
          > >

          > Congratulations on your group's first ever event!!
          >
          > How did it go?

          Heh... not until Oct 24th. But with literally starting from the
          ground up, there are tunics to sew, tabards to prepare, details to
          iron out, etc... all while teaching new SCAdians about fighting and
          how to get their own kit together.

          -Ii
        • Ann Franchi
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
            MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to the many members who receive their list mail in digest form, we request that you not top-post (stick your response to the top of one or more messages that came before it). Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Timezone Moderator.
            (MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED, EDITED)
            On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

            Have you checked Stefan's Florilegium? There are articles there on putting
            kit together on a budget.

            Anitra