Re: [Authentic_SCA] Questions about 12th C artwork

  • Ann Franchi
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29 5:59 AM
      MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to those members who receive their list mail in digest form, we request that you do not top post. Please trim portions of previous posts that do not require repetition. Thank you.
      Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

      (REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED)

      I recently acquired a book on the hsitory of Caricature.
      Interestingly, early caricatures were also labeled with the name of
      the person being caricatured, even when it was an extremely realistic
      depiction. This was because, in the absence of TV, most people would
      not be familiar with the persons enough to recognise them.

      Anitra