Re: [Authentic_SCA] herald's tabards

  • Marianne Perdomo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
      2009/7/7 <kittencat3@...>

      > There is a picture of a very early heraldic tabard in Ottfried Neubecker's
      > Heraldry: Symbols, Sources, and Meaning. I believe the actual tabard is
      > in the Kunsthistoriches Museum in Vienna.
      >
      > Sarah Davies

      Sounds ideal... could it be part of the coronation robes?
      If it's not that, then any chance someone could describe it to me, or send
      me an image or something? I don't have that book, alas, and neither ILL nor
      importing it are options at the moment. :(

      Thanks!

      Leonor / Marianne

    • kittencat3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
        It's not a coronation robe. It's a tabard for one of the Hapsburg
        possessions. Unfortunately, I don't have my copy in front of me - have you tried
        Worldcat.org to find a copy?

        Sarah
        **************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
        tour at TourTracker.com.
        (http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)

      • Marianne Perdomo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
          2009/7/7 <kittencat3@...>

          > It's not a coronation robe. It's a tabard for one of the Hapsburg
          > possessions. Unfortunately, I don't have my copy in front of me - have you
          > tried
          > Worldcat.org to find a copy?

          It says none are available in Spain, which is where I live. :(

          To be honest, I never bothered to check before, because the likelihood of a
          spanish library I can get to having a relatively obscure book in a foreign
          language (English) is well... rather small... :(

          Cheers!

          Leonor