Re: [Authentic_SCA] herald's tabards

  • kittencat3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2009
      There is a picture of a very early heraldic tabard in Ottfried Neubecker's
      Heraldry: Symbols, Sources, and Meaning. I believe the actual tabard is
      in the Kunsthistoriches Museum in Vienna.

      Sarah Davies
      **************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
      tour at TourTracker.com.
      (http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)

    • Marianne Perdomo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
        2009/7/7 <kittencat3@...>

        > There is a picture of a very early heraldic tabard in Ottfried Neubecker's
        > Heraldry: Symbols, Sources, and Meaning. I believe the actual tabard is
        > in the Kunsthistoriches Museum in Vienna.
        >
        > Sarah Davies

        Sounds ideal... could it be part of the coronation robes?
        If it's not that, then any chance someone could describe it to me, or send
        me an image or something? I don't have that book, alas, and neither ILL nor
        importing it are options at the moment. :(

        Thanks!

        Leonor / Marianne

      • kittencat3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
          It's not a coronation robe. It's a tabard for one of the Hapsburg
          possessions. Unfortunately, I don't have my copy in front of me - have you tried
          Worldcat.org to find a copy?

          Sarah

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
            2009/7/7 <kittencat3@...>

            > It's not a coronation robe. It's a tabard for one of the Hapsburg
            > possessions. Unfortunately, I don't have my copy in front of me - have you
            > tried
            > Worldcat.org to find a copy?

            It says none are available in Spain, which is where I live. :(

            To be honest, I never bothered to check before, because the likelihood of a
            spanish library I can get to having a relatively obscure book in a foreign
            language (English) is well... rather small... :(

            Cheers!

            Leonor