Re: [Authentic_SCA] Introduction and Byzantine questions

  • Catherine Olanich Raymond
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2009
      You may wish to consider taking a look at these websites; one deals with Early
      Byzantine while the other deals with Middle Byzantine:

      http://www.srclink.net/users/Meghan_Elphinstone/

      http://www.levantia.com.au/

      Also, be aware that there is an SCAByzantine list with some very knowledgeable
      people participating in it.

      --
      Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

      "Civilization advances by extending the number of important operations which
      we can perform without thinking about them."
      -- Alfred North Whitehead, "An Introduction to Mathematics"

    • Stefan li Rous
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2009
        Recently Jess asked:
        <<< I have been thinking that I would like to choose a Byzantine persona
        (though I do not yet have a specific time within the period of the
        Byzantine
        Empire narrowed down) and would appreciate any advice/assistance from
        anyone
        with knowledge of this area/time.>>>

        Perhaps some of the files I have in the Florilegium might be of use to
        you.

        In the CLOTHING section:
        cl-Byzantine-msg (19K) 6/28/02 Clothing of Bynzantine.

        In the CULTURES section:
        Byzant-Cerem-art (8K) 11/21/05 "Byzantine Ceremony" by Baron Hrolf
        Herjolfssen.
        Byzantine-msg (31K) 5/ 7/01 Byzantine culture, clothing,
        commerce.

        In the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
        fd-Byzantine-msg (38K) 3/16/08 Food of medieval Byzantine.
        References.

        Stefan
        --------
      • Lorine Horvath
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28 5:33 PM
          On 28 June 2009 02:46, Jess Adams <nanakago@...> wrote:

          > *Hello everyone, My name is Jessica and I hail from the SCA Kingdom of
          > Northshield. I have been involved in the SCA for five or so years, though
          > have not been able to make it to a great many events due to mundane
          > reasons. As such, I still feel like a newbie in some ways, though I am very
          > interested in expanding my knowledge of historical time periods and
          > increasing my authenticity.*
          > *

          Where are you in NS? There are several clumps of folks who do Byzantine
          here... Maybe we can help too?

          Fina
          --
          All power corrupts, but we need the electricity.
          - Unknown