Re: Garden gates

  • Labhaoise O'Beachain
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2009
      That was my thought exactly, there is clearly a style to the right. Today, we think of "opening" a gate to pass through and tend to forget there are other ways. (cattle gates for example). I would think the simplest solution would often be the answer.

      Put in a style for getting from one side to the other, and a well made panel which could be lifted out of the way, or simply laid down, depending on what you needed to get through.
      Labhaoise

      "creatureofironbog" <ka.hanson@...> wrote:

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "vombatus1" <timmykane@> wrote:
      > In looking at that particular gate, I have to
      > wonder: are we certain that there *were* hinges,
      > at all? It seems to me that a more rustic fence
      > such as this might simply have a (re)moveable panel,
      > rather than a 'swinging' gate.
    • creatureofironbog
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2009
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "vombatus1" <timmykane@...> wrote:

        > I am on Facebook, I've heard about the Luttrell Psalter film but haven't seen it yet, it sounds really interesting. I'm on Face book as Tim Kane,
        > Cheers
        > Tim

        As there are over SEVENTEEN pages of Tim Kanes
        on Facebook (!!!)....here is the link to the
        Luttrell Psalter group, for you and any others
        here who have access:

        http://snipurl.com/jb4vj

        There is a clip that was posted on January 20th,
        which starts off with a woven fence/wall. If you
        hit Pause at about the 0.31 second mark, you can
        see what appears to be a vine or rope hinge on
        that wall. Best seen if you watch in large screen!

        And I highly recommend the film itself.

        ~Creature~
      • balanttina
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 7, 2009
          hello!

          do you remember me? the girl that wanted to tackle the medieval pilgrimage route more or less medieval style? well, I am still on it and leaving in two short days! I intend to write a blog as often as possibe. you are welcome to read it!

          http://camino-medieval.webs.com/apps/blog/

          take care!

          celestina
        • Marianne Perdomo
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 8, 2009
            Best of luck! Hope it proves enjoyable and interesting - I'll try to
            remember looking at the blog :)

            2009/6/7 balanttina <balanttina@...>

            > hello!
            >
            > do you remember me? the girl that wanted to tackle the medieval pilgrimage
            > route more or less medieval style? well, I am still on it and leaving in two
            > short days! I intend to write a blog as often as possibe. you are welcome to
            > read it!
            >
            > http://camino-medieval.webs.com/apps/blog/
            >
            > take care!
            >
            > celestina

          • Sarah Natividad
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 9, 2009
              > http://camino-medieval.webs.com/apps/blog/

              If I may, could I request that you add an RSS feed to your blog? I follow blogs using Bloglines; with an RSS feed I'll never miss a post.

              Obrigada,
              Lianor
            • Greg Lindahl
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 9, 2009
                On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 01:55:14PM -0000, Sarah Natividad wrote:

                > > http://camino-medieval.webs.com/apps/blog/
                >
                > If I may, could I request that you add an RSS feed to your blog? I follow blogs using Bloglines; with an RSS feed I'll never miss a post.

                There's an RSS feed at the bottom right -- well hidden.

                -- Gregory
              • Sarah Natividad
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 9, 2009
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Greg Lindahl <lindahl@...> wrote:

                  > There's an RSS feed at the bottom right -- well hidden.

                  Well spotted! Thank you. I think I need to clean my glasses. I've got smudges bigger than the RSS icon. ;)

                  Obrigada,
                  Lianor