Re: Rustic garden gate hinge

  • Jack Graham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      It is my impression that such gates used a V-strip of leather stapled or nailed on one side to the gate post and the other side nailed to the gate itself so it only opened one way. When closed, none of the leather shows so it just looks like the crack between the gate and the gatepost is a little wide. I know I should be able to document this but farmers didn't record such things very often. It is probably not sufficient that I have seen such leather hinges in modern times in rustic Turkey.

      Yours Faithfully,
      Jack Graham

    • christopher chastain
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
        Saw that in Italy as well. Though I've got no documentation either. Would assume that just falls under reasonable assumption but you know how that goes.

        Yours in Humble Service,
        Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
        "Man is not Lost!"

        Quoted mail:
      • rayzentz@aim.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
          Friar Jak,

          Are you the gentleman that has come to Arrows' Flight during the summers? Just Curious.

          Padruig MacTavish