Re: Making an Elizabethan Arming Jacket

  • janmar0003
    Message 1 of 13 , May 18 10:35 PM
      While not technically an arming jacket, I did note here a reference to jaks of plaite. I have recently completed a jak of plaite (such as those used by the Scottish Border Reivers, circa 1580). While this particular item will be used for heavy fighting, I believe that, less plated, it would be suitable for fencing. I did test pieces for plating patterns, materials, quantity of padding; and documented every step photographically and in (as yet, draft) written form. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
      Your humble servant and friend,
      Ansteys Darcy