Question re book comparison - off topic, but still historical

  • elara_drake
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2009
      Good evening! I'm coming out of lurking to ask a question about a book which has been re-printed, by the V and A. The book "Nineteenth-Century Fashion in Detail ", has 2 copies, the out of print hardcover is 192 pages (isbn 1851774408), and the same book re-printed, in soft cover is 144 pages (isbn 1851775722).
      Is anyone able to tell me what's been cut, between the two, and what I'd be missing if I bought the 2nd one, instead of the harder to find, and more expensive first one? Or possibly refer me to where I could get that answer? Thank you in advance for any input!

      Respectfully,

      Whiteraven
    • Catrijn vanden Westhende
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2009
        On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 7:54 PM, elara_drake <whiteraven89@...> wrote:
        > question about a book which has been re-printed, by the V and A. The book "Nineteenth-Century Fashion in Detail ",

        At least one of those two page counts is wrong (and likely both); I
        have the newly printed softcover and it is 224 pages. I don't have an
        older version to compare to, but it would be news to me if there had
        been any major changes other than the binding.

        - Catrijn
      • Allison
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2009
          I have the 2005 hardcover edition - it's 224 pages.

          -Allison