Ancestry

  • Damon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2009
      I recently traced my history back, and found I was related to the Scottish clan MacGregor. I was wondering about an outfit for it. Any information would be appreciated. Ranging from when the early warrior king Arpin was around to something I could wear at the Rennaisance Fair accurately. Anything else (such as hair and beard styles, etc.) would be more than enough to acquire gratitude.
    • julian wilson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2009
        --- On Sun, 3/5/09, Damon <griogar83@...> wrote:

        >QUOTE
        > I recently traced my history back, and found I was related to the Scottish clan MacGregor.
        Snipped for brevity
        Anything else (such as hair and beard styles, etc.) would be more than enough to acquire gratitude.ENDIT

        REPLY
        Damon,
        your best source in all the world for such info would probably be the SCA's Insulae Draconis Shire of Harpelstane, which covers the whole of Scotland and the Isles.
        May I suggest you contact the Shire Seneschal, Lord Torrkil Mhor, at
        Torrkil@...
        He will, I am sure, be pleased to direct you to those who could answer your questions in detail, if he cannot from his own in-depth researches.

        YiS,
        Lord Matthew Baker,
        Hospitaller for West Dragonshire, Insluae Draconis.

      • William Dean
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2009
          MODERATOR NOTE: Please be sure to sign your posts so we know who we're all conversing with. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator

          A good source:
          http://www.medievalscotland.org/clothing/refs/%c2%a0%c2%a0 It's not just medieval by the way

          Also for Goddess' sake, don't wear a kilt or what you think is the MacGregor tartan.  Those are wrong period for Renaissance..

        • rayzentz@aim.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2009
            Just curiosity on my part, but?which goddess were you invoking just then? It also helps to know who's being addressed...? ;-)

            Padruig