Re: [Authentic_SCA] Making an Elizabethan Arming Jacket

  • Richard of Essex
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
      could you send me the pics you do have?

      --
      Richard of Essex
      Captain, Lance of Saint George
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
        I'll try them in batches of three. Let me know if you get them ok.

        Melusine

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
          Second message.

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
            Third and last.

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
              Please trim posts to the list - Despina de la Moderator

              ok you might have to send them to me off list because I didnt see anything. :)

              On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Carmen Beaudry
              <moreplentyn@...> wrote:

              > I'll try them in batches of three. Let me know if you get them ok.
              >
              > Melusine
            • Kathryn Ballard
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
                BTW No pictures came through on my end.

                Kathryn

              • Michael Hurley
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 24, 2009
                  On Apr 21, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Carmen Beaudry wrote:

                  > I have some pictures of that doublet that were taken at the Met. I
                  > looked,
                  > and they don't seem to have any pictures of it up on their website.

                  I would also be interested in those photos if you're willing to share
                  them with more people. I've been thinking about making a jack for
                  fencing one of these days. Thanks!
                  --
                  Auf wiedersehen!
                  Michael

                  "..No."

                  -Real Genius
                • janmar0003
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 18, 2009
                    While not technically an arming jacket, I did note here a reference to jaks of plaite. I have recently completed a jak of plaite (such as those used by the Scottish Border Reivers, circa 1580). While this particular item will be used for heavy fighting, I believe that, less plated, it would be suitable for fencing. I did test pieces for plating patterns, materials, quantity of padding; and documented every step photographically and in (as yet, draft) written form. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
                    Your humble servant and friend,
                    Ansteys Darcy