Re: [Authentic_SCA] 17C Embroidered Jacket

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29 11:48 AM
      Folo wrote:
      >This came in on the 18CWoman's list. Ironically, where it is
      >technically too early for them, it is too late for y'all :) It's
      >still very well done & informative, and there might be some interest here.
      >
      >http://thistle-threads.com.mytempweb.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/bird-butts-a-long-tail/

      Thanks for passing this along. I'm having a little difficulty finding the start of this project, however. Did the person pass that along earlier?

      As far as being too late for the SCA, i've seen varying dates on these garments. While most are very early 17th c., i've seen a few dated to the end of the 16th c, 1599 or 1600. (1600 is the last year of the 16th c. - 1601 is the first year of the 17th).

      So i wouldn't completely count out never making one without more extensive research.

      Plus, as i understand it, some kingdoms encourage, or at least welcome, up to the mid-17th c.

      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita
    • Jenn Ridley
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29 3:31 PM
        On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:48:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00), lilinah@...
        wrote:

        >Folo wrote:
        >>This came in on the 18CWoman's list. Ironically, where it is
        >>technically too early for them, it is too late for y'all :) It's
        >>still very well done & informative, and there might be some interest here.
        >>
        >>http://thistle-threads.com.mytempweb.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/bird-butts-a-long-tail/
        >
        >Thanks for passing this along. I'm having a little difficulty finding the start of this project, however. Did the person pass that along earlier?

        Originally, the project was at
        <http://www.plimoth.org/embroidery-blog/>, but Plimoth Plantation lost
        enough funding that they weren't able to sponsor the jacket project
        any longer. As of mid-March, ThistleThreads
        <http://thistle-threads.com/blog/> is hosting/managing the jacket
        project, and the progress blog moved over there.

        --
        Anastasia Emilianova
        Jenn Ridley : jridley@...