Wanna Share Your Knowledge? West Kingdom

  • Karen "Brat" Tricomo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2009
      Greetings!! Are you a fountain of knowledge just waiting to overflow? Have you always known that you had a special angle on things that needs expressing? Do you have a special skill or talent that Newcomers to the SCA would just DIE to learn??? Come on, YOU know who you are and I say, have I got an opportunity for YOU!!!

      The Province of the Southern Shores has an event handy on April 11th that could be right down your footpath! It's our annual "Newcomer's" event and tourney!! It's not only a place for potential SCA folk to try us out, it's also a place for up and coming teachers to spread their wings and offer up their knowledge and skills to future generations of SCA hopefuls!!

      The class schedule for the event will be made up of mostly all-day round-table tracts or come-as-you-are class format, running concurrent with the Tourneys (Combat & Rapier). Those not fighting or participating in the "hands on, learn as you go" classes (lists, marshalling, armour, etc) will have the choice of beginning or more advanced classes to take, as opportunity allows. Our goal is not only to appeal to SCA Newbies, but also to interest those of more seasoned nature to share their knowledge and experience to the benefit of all.

      If you have ever wanted to teach a class from your unique perspective and share your experience with others in a less-austere environment than a major Kingdom collegium or A&S event, PLEASE contact me OFF-list at piccolopwr@... to share your ideas for a class!!!

      Do you see yourself here? Let me know!!! ALL types of classes welcome!

      YIS,
      Catherine Holcombe of Arden
      A&S Officer, Province of Southern Shores