Re: [Authentic_SCA] Missing info for "Historically-authentic SCA-event Sites in UK during 2009"

  • Kim Mitchell
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
      Are there any proposed dates set yet for those two events? I would be very interested in learning more.

      :)

      Lady Jane Devereux
      West Dragoningshire
      Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis
      Kingdom of Drachenwald

    • julian wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
        My Lady Jane,
        the proposed dates are
        afternoon, May 29th-to mid-day on 31st for Winchester Pilgrimage.
        Some p[ictures of previous winchester Pilgrimage  events can be found at
        http://www.betahelix.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=76
        and at
        http://pics.livejournal.com/bend_gules/gallery/0000gcd0

        And 20th to 24th of August for Raglan Ffair 2009, [a full-moon weekend].
        The Website for the 2008 Event is still active, and if you search through it to the Gallery sub-page, you'll find that the two image galleries of - betahelix - and - bendgules - are still active.
        viz: 255 Raglan Castle & Ffair pictures to be seen at
         http://pics.livejournal.com/bend_gules/gallery/0000rp75?page=1
        and for betahelix
         http://www.betahelix.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=66
        Ian Walden has taken lovely pictures of both padt Raglan ffairs and past Pilgrimages, and if you e-mail him, I have no doubt he'll send you the URL's so that you can see HIS photos as well - which will give you a good idea of the variations in garb that has been worn at both events previously.

        YiS,
        Matthew Baker,
         Hospitaller unto West Dragonshire.