Re: shoe question

  • balanttina
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2009
      hello!

      women in general (and not of high status) generally wore the same kind
      of shoes as men. this could be low or ankle high. the patterns were, I
      presume, the same as for men's shoes.

      for low shoes you could check schilling chronicles. there are also a
      pilgrim in the painting of arnau gassiers (1454), bodleian ms douce 195
      fol. 3v, 66v (late 15C), domenico ghirlandaio's s fina (1472-3) and
      herod's banquet (1486-90).

      for ankle shoes see hausbuch der schloss wolfegg (after 1480), laufern
      pharish church (1495-1595) on imareal and MH's peasant woman (1475-80).

      take care!
      celestina