Re: shoe question

  • balanttina
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6 2:59 AM
      hello!

      women in general (and not of high status) generally wore the same kind
      of shoes as men. this could be low or ankle high. the patterns were, I
      presume, the same as for men's shoes.

      for low shoes you could check schilling chronicles. there are also a
      pilgrim in the painting of arnau gassiers (1454), bodleian ms douce 195
      fol. 3v, 66v (late 15C), domenico ghirlandaio's s fina (1472-3) and
      herod's banquet (1486-90).

      for ankle shoes see hausbuch der schloss wolfegg (after 1480), laufern
      pharish church (1495-1595) on imareal and MH's peasant woman (1475-80).

      take care!
      celestina