Winchester Pilgrimage & Raglan Ffair, 2009 - TENTATIVE dates.

  • julian wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      --- On Mon, 2/2/09, skippy_rex <mondor.winchester@...> wrote:
      SNIPPED FOR BREVITY
       If I am fortunate enough to be in the area this summer I'll make every effort to attend
      the Winchester event.

      REPLY
      My Lord Mont d'Or,
      Since you have expressed an interest,  the tentative event-dates are -
      Winchester Pilgrimage - May 27th to 29th
      Raglan Ffair - August 20th to 24th [a full-moon weekend]

      In service to the Medieval Dream,
      Matthew Baker

    • Kim Mitchell
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
        Are there any proposed dates set yet for those two events? I would be very interested in learning more.

        :)

        Lady Jane Devereux
        West Dragoningshire
        Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis
        Kingdom of Drachenwald

      • julian wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
          My Lady Jane,
          the proposed dates are
          afternoon, May 29th-to mid-day on 31st for Winchester Pilgrimage.
          Some p[ictures of previous winchester Pilgrimage  events can be found at
          http://www.betahelix.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=76
          and at
          http://pics.livejournal.com/bend_gules/gallery/0000gcd0

          And 20th to 24th of August for Raglan Ffair 2009, [a full-moon weekend].
          The Website for the 2008 Event is still active, and if you search through it to the Gallery sub-page, you'll find that the two image galleries of - betahelix - and - bendgules - are still active.
          viz: 255 Raglan Castle & Ffair pictures to be seen at
           http://pics.livejournal.com/bend_gules/gallery/0000rp75?page=1
          and for betahelix
           http://www.betahelix.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=66
          Ian Walden has taken lovely pictures of both padt Raglan ffairs and past Pilgrimages, and if you e-mail him, I have no doubt he'll send you the URL's so that you can see HIS photos as well - which will give you a good idea of the variations in garb that has been worn at both events previously.

          YiS,
          Matthew Baker,
           Hospitaller unto West Dragonshire.