Re: Missing info for "Historically-authentic SCA-event Sites in UK during 2009"

  • skippy_rex
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to those members who receive their list mail in digest form, we request that you do not top post. Please trim portions of previous posts that do not require repetition. Thank you.
      Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

      (REPEATED MESSAGE DELETED)

      I have visit this area of England regularly, in fact I was married and
      my son christened "across the road' at Compton, and can safely say
      that St. Cross is a wonderful place, and the walk along the river from
      St Cross to the Cathedral is one of my favorite things to do. I
      always felt that I had slipped back through time. If I am fortunate
      enough to be in the area this summer I'll make every effort to attend
      the Winchester event.
      William de Mont d'Or
    • julian wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
        --- On Mon, 2/2/09, skippy_rex <mondor.winchester@...> wrote:
        SNIPPED FOR BREVITY
         If I am fortunate enough to be in the area this summer I'll make every effort to attend
        the Winchester event.

        REPLY
        My Lord Mont d'Or,
        Since you have expressed an interest,  the tentative event-dates are -
        Winchester Pilgrimage - May 27th to 29th
        Raglan Ffair - August 20th to 24th [a full-moon weekend]

        In service to the Medieval Dream,
        Matthew Baker

      • Kim Mitchell
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
          Are there any proposed dates set yet for those two events? I would be very interested in learning more.

          :)

          Lady Jane Devereux
          West Dragoningshire
          Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis
          Kingdom of Drachenwald

        • julian wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
            My Lady Jane,
            the proposed dates are
            afternoon, May 29th-to mid-day on 31st for Winchester Pilgrimage.
            Some p[ictures of previous winchester Pilgrimage  events can be found at
            http://www.betahelix.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=76
            and at
            http://pics.livejournal.com/bend_gules/gallery/0000gcd0

            And 20th to 24th of August for Raglan Ffair 2009, [a full-moon weekend].
            The Website for the 2008 Event is still active, and if you search through it to the Gallery sub-page, you'll find that the two image galleries of - betahelix - and - bendgules - are still active.
            viz: 255 Raglan Castle & Ffair pictures to be seen at
             http://pics.livejournal.com/bend_gules/gallery/0000rp75?page=1
            and for betahelix
             http://www.betahelix.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=66
            Ian Walden has taken lovely pictures of both padt Raglan ffairs and past Pilgrimages, and if you e-mail him, I have no doubt he'll send you the URL's so that you can see HIS photos as well - which will give you a good idea of the variations in garb that has been worn at both events previously.

            YiS,
            Matthew Baker,
             Hospitaller unto West Dragonshire.