Historically-authentic SCA-event Sites in UK during 2009

  • julian wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      Your Graces, your Excellencies, Lordings and Gentles of the Authentic SCA List,
       first I apologise if this is a breach of List Etiquette.

      However, it does seem to me that - if members of this List are primarily interested in enjoying a degree of authenticity at SCA events - then nothing will promote that quite as much as an event held in truly medieval surroundings.

      Also, this is the time of year when everyone begins to plan their holidays,  - if they haven't done so already.

      So, it seems to me that advance notice of such events, in time to arrange holidays to attend [ should that be possible ] might be appreciated by some members of this List - who might not be members of other online groups where the events' details will come to their attention by another
      source.
      Moderators, if this contravenes List Etiquette, I do apologise.

      So, with those points in mind, my Lords and Gentles all,
      I commend to your attention two Events at SCA-period historic locations in the UK during the coming year
      WINCHESTER PILGRIMAGE 2009.
       and
      RAGLAN FFAIR, 2009.
      ragonshire in the case of Winchester Pilgrimage,
      http://westdragonshire.org/events.htm
      and Mynedd Gwynn in the case of Raglan Ffair.
      www.mynydd-gwyn.org
      The Official Tourist Website for the ancient "Almshouse & Hospital of St Cross" in Winchester [ where the Pilgrimage will be based] can be found at
      http://www.stcrosshospital.co.uk
      which includes lovely pictures of the Event location.

      The Welsh Shire's website for LAST YEAR'S Raglan Ffair is still active, and can be found at
       http://www.raglanfair.org
      I commend this to your attention because the "Galleries" subfile has lots of lovely pictures and some video footage of previous Raglan Fairs.

      In service to the medieval ream
      [ which is why I subcribe to and enjoy THIS List]
      Lord Matthew Baker,
       Hospitaller for West
      Dragonshire.