Re: [Authentic_SCA] Wool for hose

  • Brad Moore
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2009
      I've had my best results from wool flannel (i.e., a medium-weight,
      relatively finely-woven twill). If you wash it first (cold water) it
      even picks up a little more elasticity. In addition to the
      elasticity, it tends to be soft and comfortable on the skin for those
      who aren't highly wool-sensitive.

      Tangwystyl

      Thank you so much.  I've got two doublets that I'm working up, and both need hose to tie to.  I used to wear hose that I had made from mundane cotton lycra, but they don't look period to me.  I really want to replace them with something that has the correct look, but is still relatively comfortable to move in.

      What have you had the most success for for points to tie with?

      Nicolas