Re: [Authentic_SCA] Period Feast?

  • Nikki Petersen
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 6, 2009
      Very rarely do I speak up on this list, in fact this may be a first. I have
      a very hard time with the period/non-period feast argument when it comes to
      money.

      As to the money involved in having a period feast, barring mishaps any group
      that can run an event can have a great period feast. There is one surefire
      way to make sure that the feast doesn't cost too much. Pre-reg! All of the
      events that are run in our local Barony have pre-reg only feasts. This means
      never having food cooked for 75 and only 50 people bought feast spaces. If
      you feast is available through pre-reg only than the number of pre-reg
      spaces sold is the number you cook for. It makes planning and preparing SOOO
      much easier, and allows you to cook with the knowledge that your feast won't
      break the bank!

      By the way, I am steward for an event that is happening in about 2 1/2 weeks
      that is having a 3 course PERIOD french feast for $6 a person, not too bad
      since there are combo meals at the fast food places that cost that much!

      Lady Murienne

    • Labhaoise O'Beachain
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 9, 2009
        Never having judged in this venue, I have limited knowledge of the
        particular process, BUT, I have judged things, AND I can read
        documentation with an eye to quality.... does it seem complete? is it
        in depth enough? how closely does it coordinate with what I am seeing?
        explinations of material? sources? crossreference? quality and
        complexity in comparison to others of it's type(if available)...

        Well you get the idea...
        Labhaoise