Re: [Authentic_SCA] Period Feast?

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 6, 2009
      > 2. If a group has pockets deep enough that they can finance the cost of a
      > totally period feast go for it, but do not discourage or come done on anyone
      > whom you deem are not living up to your standards of period.

      It is not difficult, nor is it expensive to do an entire feast as
      correct to SCA period.
      Where the misconception that it is expensive comes from, I have no idea.

      This group is for the promotion of doing things as correct to SCA
      period as possible and so, people often put forth their personal
      standards as to how they would like things to be done. No one on this
      list expects others to conform to their personal standards overnight.

      Cu respectivo,
      Despina de la has worked on feasts that were easy, inexpensive,
      delicious, and completely period
    • Labhaoise O'Beachain
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 9, 2009
        Never having judged in this venue, I have limited knowledge of the
        particular process, BUT, I have judged things, AND I can read
        documentation with an eye to quality.... does it seem complete? is it
        in depth enough? how closely does it coordinate with what I am seeing?
        explinations of material? sources? crossreference? quality and
        complexity in comparison to others of it's type(if available)...

        Well you get the idea...
        Labhaoise