Period Feast?

  • Kimetha Steele
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 6, 2009
      I have read many good points on both sides of this discussion, but here are
      some additional thoughts:

      1. Authentic is best kept on a personal level, when I choose to make my kit
      as period as possible I am only confined by my personal finances and
      research and choices.

      2. If a group has pockets deep enough that they can finance the cost of a
      totally period feast go for it, but do not discourage or come done on anyone
      whom you deem are not living up to your standards of period.

      3. Research and Period standards are best if used in judging an A&S entry.

      4. Remember many of us do this for a hobby and fun, and the guide lines do
      say reasonable attempt.

      In Service,

      Cynnedda

      Kimetha Steele

      Q.A. Assistant

      Hisada America, Inc.

      ksteele@...

      812-526-0756 x264

      fax 812-526-4039

      DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes,
      the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

    • Labhaoise O'Beachain
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 9, 2009
        Never having judged in this venue, I have limited knowledge of the
        particular process, BUT, I have judged things, AND I can read
        documentation with an eye to quality.... does it seem complete? is it
        in depth enough? how closely does it coordinate with what I am seeing?
        explinations of material? sources? crossreference? quality and
        complexity in comparison to others of it's type(if available)...

        Well you get the idea...
        Labhaoise