- I have read many good points on both sides of this discussion, but here are
some additional thoughts:
1. Authentic is best kept on a personal level, when I choose to make my kit
as period as possible I am only confined by my personal finances and
research and choices.
2. If a group has pockets deep enough that they can finance the cost of a
totally period feast go for it, but do not discourage or come done on anyone
whom you deem are not living up to your standards of period.
3. Research and Period standards are best if used in judging an A&S entry.
4. Remember many of us do this for a hobby and fun, and the guide lines do
say reasonable attempt.
Hisada America, Inc.
DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes,
the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Never having judged in this venue, I have limited knowledge of the
particular process, BUT, I have judged things, AND I can read
documentation with an eye to quality.... does it seem complete? is it
in depth enough? how closely does it coordinate with what I am seeing?
explinations of material? sources? crossreference? quality and
complexity in comparison to others of it's type(if available)...
Well you get the idea...