Re: [Authentic_SCA] Cheat's Elizabethan garb

  • Cynthia Virtue
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2001
      There's a wonderfully silly book which has quick costumes for parties
      and whatnot -- Jane Asher's Costume Book. It depends a lot on crepe
      paper, felt, and whatnot, with very good results.

      The Elizabethan therein uses a lot of cut-up fruit gums (she's british,
      but she clearly means something like Gummi Bears) and fancy macaroni
      spraypainted gold, for gems all over a paperboard stomacher and heavy
      cheap curtain fabric. The final result is pretty good.

      --
      Cynthia du Pré Argent (Hartshorn-dale, East)
      "Such virtue hath my pen...." -Shakespeare, Sonnet LXXXI