Re: [Authentic_SCA] Looking for a copy of A Tailor's Book

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
      At 12:12 PM 1/5/2009, you wrote:

      >I am looking for a copy of "A tailor's book :
      >from the Fondazione Querini Stampalia in
      >Venice", edited by Alessandra Molfino, published
      >in 1987. I enjoy doing late period, and want to
      >work on some later Italian pieces. Any
      >assistance in obtaining a copy would be
      >appreciated. I have requested the book for
      >interlibrary loan, but only 2 universities in
      >the states have the book available, both in New York.
      >
      >Brad Moore

      I found 19 copies in North America. Maybe one of these will be closer.
      Fondazione scientifica Querini Stampalia. Il
      libro del sarto della Fondazione Querini
      Stampalia di Venezia. Modena: Edizioni Panini,
      1987. ISBN:8876860983 9788876860980 OCLC:18888631
      http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=issn%3A1888-8631+OR+no%3A18888631&qt=advanced

      If you want to buy a copy:
      Facsimile with commentary by Fritz Saxl and
      Alessandra Mottola Molfino. Modena: Panini, 1987.
      Modena: Edizioni Panini [published date: 1988]
      72pp with 20 monochrome illustrations plus 163
      colour plates. pages: 380 Cloth in a slipcase
      29x20.5cms. Discussion and facsimile reproduction
      of this important historical document from the
      16th century. Text in Italian. £175.00 Heneage
      Art Books ($254.39) from ILAB
      http://www.ilab.org/db/detail.php?booknr=353258447
      Original publisher price € 154,94 out of print
      http://www.fcp.it/fcp/scripts/viewsel.asp?ID_Opera=8876860983
      but before spending that much money...
      See: Milanese Tailor's Handbook http://www.elizabethancostume.net/Tailors/
      You may also find this of interest: