Looking for a copy of A Tailor's Book

  • Brad Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
      I am looking for a copy of "A tailor's book : from the Fondazione Querini Stampalia in Venice", edited by Alessandra Molfino, published in 1987. I enjoy doing late period, and want to work on some later Italian pieces. Any assistance in obtaining a copy would be appreciated. I have requested the book for interlibrary loan, but only 2 universities in the states have the book available, both in New York.

      Brad Moore

      "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
      - J.R.R. Tolkien

    • Beth and Bob Matney
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
        At 12:12 PM 1/5/2009, you wrote:

        >I am looking for a copy of "A tailor's book :
        >from the Fondazione Querini Stampalia in
        >Venice", edited by Alessandra Molfino, published
        >in 1987. I enjoy doing late period, and want to
        >work on some later Italian pieces. Any
        >assistance in obtaining a copy would be
        >appreciated. I have requested the book for
        >interlibrary loan, but only 2 universities in
        >the states have the book available, both in New York.
        >
        >Brad Moore

        I found 19 copies in North America. Maybe one of these will be closer.
        Fondazione scientifica Querini Stampalia. Il
        libro del sarto della Fondazione Querini
        Stampalia di Venezia. Modena: Edizioni Panini,
        1987. ISBN:8876860983 9788876860980 OCLC:18888631
        http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=issn%3A1888-8631+OR+no%3A18888631&qt=advanced

        If you want to buy a copy:
        Facsimile with commentary by Fritz Saxl and
        Alessandra Mottola Molfino. Modena: Panini, 1987.
        Modena: Edizioni Panini [published date: 1988]
        72pp with 20 monochrome illustrations plus 163
        colour plates. pages: 380 Cloth in a slipcase
        29x20.5cms. Discussion and facsimile reproduction
        of this important historical document from the
        16th century. Text in Italian. £175.00 Heneage
        Art Books ($254.39) from ILAB
        http://www.ilab.org/db/detail.php?booknr=353258447
        Original publisher price € 154,94 out of print
        http://www.fcp.it/fcp/scripts/viewsel.asp?ID_Opera=8876860983
        but before spending that much money...
        See: Milanese Tailor's Handbook http://www.elizabethancostume.net/Tailors/
        You may also find this of interest: