Re: keeping neckline shape

  • Diane Sawyer Dooley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Perdomo"
      <marianne@...> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > 2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley
      >

      > > How do you have the neckline finished now?
      >

      > At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a last day
      > project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it
      holds the
      > edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >

      > Leonor

      I would actually line the top of it, at this point, and attach the
      lining to the top of the sleeve. If you'd faced the neckline before
      cutting it, this might not have happened, but that ship has pretty
      much sailed. Make sure that the grain of the fabric is square to the
      front and back, so there's no bias stretching along the shoulders, and
      I bet it'll be fine.
    • Diane Sawyer Dooley
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Diane Sawyer Dooley"
        <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

        > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Perdomo"
        > <marianne@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello!
        > >
        > > 2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley
        > >

        > > > How do you have the neckline finished now?
        > >

        > > At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a
        last day
        > > project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it
        > holds the
        > > edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > >

        > > Leonor
        >
        > I would actually line the top of it, at this point, and attach the
        > lining to the top of the sleeve. If you'd faced the neckline before
        > cutting it, this might not have happened, but that ship has pretty
        > much sailed. Make sure that the grain of the fabric is square to the
        > front and back, so there's no bias stretching along the shoulders, and
        > I bet it'll be fine.

        And yet again I've forgotten to sign.

        I'm going to bed now.

        tasha