Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: keeping neckline shape

  • Marianne Perdomo
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
      Hello!

      2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley

      > How do you have the neckline finished now?

      At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a last day
      project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it holds the
      edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.

      Thanks!

      Leonor

    • Diane Sawyer Dooley
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Perdomo"
        <marianne@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > 2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley
        >

        > > How do you have the neckline finished now?
        >

        > At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a last day
        > project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it
        holds the
        > edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >

        > Leonor

        I would actually line the top of it, at this point, and attach the
        lining to the top of the sleeve. If you'd faced the neckline before
        cutting it, this might not have happened, but that ship has pretty
        much sailed. Make sure that the grain of the fabric is square to the
        front and back, so there's no bias stretching along the shoulders, and
        I bet it'll be fine.
      • Diane Sawyer Dooley
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Diane Sawyer Dooley"
          <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

          > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Perdomo"
          > <marianne@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello!
          > >
          > > 2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley
          > >

          > > > How do you have the neckline finished now?
          > >

          > > At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a
          last day
          > > project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it
          > holds the
          > > edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >

          > > Leonor
          >
          > I would actually line the top of it, at this point, and attach the
          > lining to the top of the sleeve. If you'd faced the neckline before
          > cutting it, this might not have happened, but that ship has pretty
          > much sailed. Make sure that the grain of the fabric is square to the
          > front and back, so there's no bias stretching along the shoulders, and
          > I bet it'll be fine.

          And yet again I've forgotten to sign.

          I'm going to bed now.

          tasha