Re: keeping neckline shape

  • Diane Sawyer Dooley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2008
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Diane Sawyer Dooley"
      <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Perdomo"
      > <marianne@> wrote:
      > >
      > > 2008/11/7 Marianne Perdomo <marianne@>
      > >
      > > > Hello!
      > > >
      > > > I quickly made a kind of tabard based on this picture:
      > > > http://www.flg.es/ficha.asp?ID=110
      > >

      > > It's the woman to the far left, in the wine-coloured overdress,
      with the
      > > distaff. Silly me, I forgot to say...
      > >

      > > Leonor
      > >

      > How do you have the neckline finished now?

      I apologize for not signing that. I know better.

      Tasha
    • Marianne Perdomo
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
        Hello!

        2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley

        > How do you have the neckline finished now?

        At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a last day
        project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it holds the
        edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.

        Thanks!

        Leonor

      • Diane Sawyer Dooley
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
          <marianne@...> wrote:

          > Hello!
          >
          > 2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley
          >

          > > How do you have the neckline finished now?
          >

          > At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a last day
          > project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it
          holds the
          > edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >

          > Leonor

          I would actually line the top of it, at this point, and attach the
          lining to the top of the sleeve. If you'd faced the neckline before
          cutting it, this might not have happened, but that ship has pretty
          much sailed. Make sure that the grain of the fabric is square to the
          front and back, so there's no bias stretching along the shoulders, and
          I bet it'll be fine.
        • Diane Sawyer Dooley
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
            <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

            > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne Perdomo"
            > <marianne@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello!
            > >
            > > 2008/11/8 Diane Sawyer Dooley
            > >

            > > > How do you have the neckline finished now?
            > >

            > > At the moment it has no finishing whatsoever. It was done as a
            last day
            > > project before last event and the wool is slightly fulled so it
            > holds the
            > > edge by itself. So basically it's just cut into shape.
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > >

            > > Leonor
            >
            > I would actually line the top of it, at this point, and attach the
            > lining to the top of the sleeve. If you'd faced the neckline before
            > cutting it, this might not have happened, but that ship has pretty
            > much sailed. Make sure that the grain of the fabric is square to the
            > front and back, so there's no bias stretching along the shoulders, and
            > I bet it'll be fine.

            And yet again I've forgotten to sign.

            I'm going to bed now.

            tasha