Re: [st_cecilia_academy] hammers for dulcimers?

  • Greg Lindahl
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2008
      > In anticipation of learning to play, I found a modern hammer
      > dulcimer e-mail list to join, and they've been talking about the
      > differences between American and German hammers.

      Yeah, there's a whole zoo for modern hammers.

      Here's a source of images of period hammer dulcimers:

      http://www.new-renaissance.net/dulcimer

      In general it can be difficult to tell the difference between
      psaltries and dulcimers -- hammers and plectra seem to look quite
      similar.

      BTW, you might have more luck asking on the Minstrel Mailing List.

      -- Gregory