gloucester

  • oisswafford
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
      Greetings to the list,
      I am currently working on persona development (always) but I've run
      into a wall. My persona is based in 1530-1550 Glocestershire
      (probably Gloucester itself.) I'm having problems finding any history
      of this part of England. Does anyone have any books or websites they
      would recommend?

      Thank you for your help.

      Gwenlliana
    • Maxamillan Wolfram von Schleuter
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our members who receive their list mail in digest form, we ask that you not top post. Please trim text from the previous post that does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

        MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED AND EDITED
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "oisswafford" <oisswafford@...>
        wrote:
        > I am currently working on persona development (always) but I've run
        > into a wall. My persona is based in 1530-1550 Glocestershire
        > (probably Gloucester itself.) I'm having problems finding any
        history
        > of this part of England.

        How interesting, I lived there for nearly 20 years. Look at the City
        website and under the duke of Gloucester too!

        Maks
      • Kareina Talvi Tytär
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
          Greetings,

          A friend of mine <http://medieval.instruments.googlepages.com/> is
          building me a Medieval style hammer dulcimer which should be complete
          soon. In anticipation of learning to play, I found a modern hammer
          dulcimer e-mail list to join, and they've been talking about the
          differences between American and German hammers. Apparently there are
          a variety of styles available, and in some places they are held
          between the thumb and fore finger, and in others are held between the
          fore and middle fingers. Until this conversation, I hadn't really
          thought much about the hammers and how I will hold them when I begin
          the process of learning to play. Have any of you perchance
          researched the history? Do you happen to have illustrations from
          Medieval documents which show what sorts of hammers were used and how
          they were held?

          thanks,

          --Kareina, who will be looking on her own, but why duplicate work if
          someone here already knows the answer?

          http://kareina.livejournal.com/