Re: [Authentic_SCA] New Janet Arnold Book and Underwear as Outerwear

  • Marianne Perdomo
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
      2008/10/26 Terri Morgan wrote:

      > It is a great book and has totally changed my idea of how to put together
      > shirts and chemises. In fact, now I *have* to make a little shirt, just to
      > play with the seams!

      Ooh! Sounds intriguing! What's the earliest chemise in it, do you remember?

      Thanks!

      Leonor, being tempted...

    • kittencat3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
        Tip for those ordering through Amazon:

        Order this book through Amazon.co.uk. They're having a special right now on
        paperbacks and have priced Patterns of Fashion 4 at only 15 pounds plus
        shipping. My total was 21.98 pounds, which comes out to $35 US, as opposed to
        $50 on the US Amazon site.

        Sarah Davies

      • kittencat3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
          The dates on the book are 1560-1620, I believe.

          Also, since Arnold helped to restore them, this will likely contain the
          details on the Medici grave clothes, including Eleanora of Toledo's pair of
          bodies. Should be quite fascinating.

          Sarah Davies

        • Folo Watkins
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
            >Order this book through Amazon.co.uk. They're having a special right now on
            >paperbacks

            I had checked on the Amazon uk site before sending the first email so
            that I might include it (the person in Oz had mentioned this), but
            the page would no come up. was this a typical Amazon fubar, or was it for real?

            Cheers, Folo