RE: [Authentic_SCA] New Janet Arnold Book and Underwear as Outerwear

  • Terri Morgan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
      It is a great book and has totally changed my idea of how to put together
      shirts and chemises. In fact, now I *have* to make a little shirt, just to
      play with the seams!

      Hrothny, whose apprentice has an advance copy and lets her read it (wheeee!)
    • Marianne Perdomo
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
        2008/10/26 Terri Morgan wrote:

        > It is a great book and has totally changed my idea of how to put together
        > shirts and chemises. In fact, now I *have* to make a little shirt, just to
        > play with the seams!

        Ooh! Sounds intriguing! What's the earliest chemise in it, do you remember?

        Thanks!

        Leonor, being tempted...

      • kittencat3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
          Tip for those ordering through Amazon:

          Order this book through Amazon.co.uk. They're having a special right now on
          paperbacks and have priced Patterns of Fashion 4 at only 15 pounds plus
          shipping. My total was 21.98 pounds, which comes out to $35 US, as opposed to
          $50 on the US Amazon site.

          Sarah Davies

        • kittencat3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
            The dates on the book are 1560-1620, I believe.

            Also, since Arnold helped to restore them, this will likely contain the
            details on the Medici grave clothes, including Eleanora of Toledo's pair of
            bodies. Should be quite fascinating.

            Sarah Davies

          • Folo Watkins
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008
              >Order this book through Amazon.co.uk. They're having a special right now on
              >paperbacks

              I had checked on the Amazon uk site before sending the first email so
              that I might include it (the person in Oz had mentioned this), but
              the page would no come up. was this a typical Amazon fubar, or was it for real?

              Cheers, Folo