Suspicious Auction Fw: [sca_merchants] Anybody Missing Their Armor?

  • Rebecca Klingbeil
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2008
      This was on another SCA list, and the 'seller' of this eBay auction says they 'got it at an estate sale' and obviously doesn't know much about it. But it is clearly a re-enactor's armor - there is padding clearly visible inside the helm [you can see it in the front on picture of the helm]. Now, it may be that they got it from an estate sale (seeing as the seller is a long time eBay seller); but if you know anyone who has had their armor stolen, you may want them to look at this auction.

      A SCAdian suit of armor as nice as this usually doesn't end up in an estate sale in my experience.

      Leofwynn Marchaunt

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2008
        MODERATOR NOTE: MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to our many members who receive their list email in digest form, we ask that you not top post your replies and snip any portion of the previous message that does not require repetition. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

        Looks too new as well, looks like its never been in a fight according to the picture. Yours in Humble Service,Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov"Do not scorn the weak cub. It might become the brutal tiger!" Mongol Proverb"Only a hand that can grasp a sword may hold a sceptre!" Tatar Proverb
      • wodeford
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2008
          The "Tinyurl" link goes to a cached page that is several days old.
          Ebay took this auction down a couple days ago, one hopes for positive
          reasons.

          Jehanne de Wodeford
          West Kingdom