Norse-Danish-Swedish artists?

  • Ryu Tenno
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2008
      Does anyone know of a good way to search for artists in Norway/Denmark/Sweden in the 15-1600s? I would like to find examples of clothing in that region/time frame but can't seem to find a good list of artists that I can try hunting down. I can occasionally find a painting of royalty but when I then search for other works by the same painter it usually comes up blank. I'm hoping that this is just because I'm not searching in the right place versus there not actually being any well known painters at that time.

      Bjorn Arnaldsson

    • Folo Watkins
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2008
        >Does anyone know of a good way to search for artists in
        >Norway/Denmark/Sweden in the 15-1600s?

        The4re are quite a few good pieces of art in the Danish National
        Museum, so if you find any books on the artwork they own, you should
        snap them up. For general information, try
        http://www.questia.com/library/art-and-architecture/scandinavian-art.jsp,
        which refers you to relevant books.

        A bit out of my period, so sorry.

        Cheers, Folo