Re: 1Book of Music: 15th century French/German music

  • balanttina
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2008
      hello!

      That is one big project! Best of luck with it! I know of no such
      manuscripts from the top of my head, but these two pages might be of help:

      http://www.chmtl.indiana.edu/tml/start.html
      http://brassy.club.fr/PartMed/Partmed.html

      lp, celestina
    • Jewel
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 23, 2008
        > First of all, this sounds like an amazing project! And an ambitious
        > one. I wish you the best of luck.

        Thanks :) I hope it comes out as wonderful as I'd like it to.

        As for music reading, yes, I have an extensive knowledge of writing
        and reading music, as does my sister (who taught me most of what I
        know). I was in band for all of middle school and most of high school,
        and my sister taught me how to read music at the age of 6 (basic
        notes, of course) and to play the recorder at that same age! She is a
        music education major, so if I don't know something, I can ask her.

        > <snip> I might recommend sacrificing some of the authenticity by
        > writing the music in a modern standard form, with medieval stylings.

        I totally agree. My husband only just knows how to read modern scores,
        and has not taken any time to learn medieval scoring (I know some), so
        I'll have to do it modern style if I expect him to use the book at all :D
      • Jewel
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 23, 2008
          Thank you for all the links, guys! That certainly gives me a place to
          start :)

          And of course there will be pictures when it's done. What, you think
          I'm cruel?

          Vivat the Dream,
          Lady Julienne fille Gaspard, mka Jewel Shuping
          Scribe of Atlantia