Gulf Wars Approaches - the Call goes out

  • Zhara um Nikko
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2008
      Gulf Wars will be here sooner than most of us can imagine, as the time
      leading up to any large multi-kingdom event always flies far too quickly.

      Al Mahala is proud to host activities in three classroom tents for the
      entirety of war week that speak to all levels of participation: from
      our Beginner Garb classes to our extremely detailed and advanced
      classes on period cooking, a hands-on demo for making landscaping and
      building supplies in the most authentic of methods, and even period
      instrument making.

      In addition to our classroom tents, we have ample space for activities
      that may require open air and level ground - fire, mud, no matter - we
      are ready.

      If anyone on this list would care to add to our slate of advanced
      classes with focus on historical and cultural detail, here is your
      opportunity to defy stereotypes and show that SCAdians who practice
      greater levels of authenticity are indeed eagerly and openly sharing
      their knowledge in the SCA classroom, and putting an approachable,
      friendly face on the goal of greater authenticity.

      I have no doubt that there are indeed members of this fine group who
      are up for the challenge! Please contact me with any questions,
      comments or feedback - each year we strive for improvement!
      contact me at zhara8 at ya hoo dot com.

      Humbly and In Service,
      Ldy. Zhara um Nikko
      Gulf Wars Al Mahala A&S