Re: Alternatives for mid-14th century headgear

  • Labhaoise O'Beachain
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
      MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their messages in digest form, please do not top post. Please sign your posts. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator. MESSAGE ORDER REVERSED AND EDITED

      "Marianne Perdomo" <marianne@...> wrote:
      > Not my period but that's just so cool! Does anyone know of more
      examples of
      > such fancy seam joinings? Any 15th century ones? I'd love to recreate
      > something like that! :)

      I can only give you generalities.. maybe someone has links to extant
      pieces, but it is my understanding that seams are often
      found "accented" rather than hidden in digs....
    • Marianne Perdomo
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2008
        Hello!

        Sorry, an event plus work and life kept me far too busy for a while...

        2008/9/30 Labhaoise O'Beachain <labhaoise_obeachain@...>

        > I can only give you generalities.. maybe someone has links to extant
        > pieces, but it is my understanding that seams are often
        > found "accented" rather than hidden in digs....

        Ah, yes... I had seen a 13th Spanish tunic where the side seams were
        accented with herringbone(?) stitch (red thread on white material), but
        never quite seen an actual gap before.
        I may have to find something to try it on one of these day. Ideas welcome
        anytime :)

        Thanks!

        Leonor

      • catarineq
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2008

          > Have you tried making a St Birgitta cap, and pin the veil to that?
          <Snip>
          > /Lena

          Thank you. I'm going to try that. Fortunately, my mom is good at
          helping me fit things behind my head or back. Ha ha!

          Lady Catarine Quhiting
          Barony of Terra Pomaria, Summits, An Tir