Micel Folcland Hearth Night

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2008
      Micel Folcland, Inc., the Wisconsin-Indiana-Illinois branch of Regia
      Anglorum, will be holding Hearth Night at Forest Glen Preserve on
      11-12 October. Forest Glen is near Danville, Illinois, and we will
      again have use of the log cabin. There will be plenty of room to
      sleep in the cabin or to camp beside it (period tents are not
      required). We have access to the Gannett Center for restrooms,
      showers, refrigeration and to sleep if the cabin gets too cold.

      The event is free, and no costume is required for attendance.
      Activities will include arrow-making, textiles, combat and cooking,
      among others. Anyone interested in the serious reenacting of British
      culture from 950 to 1066 ce is invited. Nonmembers may attend up to
      two MF events--shows or hearth nights--without joining. People may
      start showing up on Friday after noon.

      More information may be found at
      http://www.advancenet.net/folo/micel_folcland_hearth_night_ii.htm

      Cheers, Folo Watkins